[flashrom] confirmation of compatibility with Gigabyte 965P-DS4.

Michal Andrzejczak michal.andrzejczak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 17:24:27 CET 2010

Hi!
I tried out flashrom with my motherboard. Looks like it works out of
the box on Gigabyte 965P-DS4.

lshw | grep  Motherboard -A10
      product: 965P-DS4
      vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
      physical id: 0
    *-firmware
         vendor: Award Software International, Inc.
         physical id: 0
         version: F6 (10/12/2006)
         size: 128KiB
         capacity: 960KiB

flashrom -r backup.bin
flashrom v0.9.1-r710
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "Intel ICH8/ICH8R", enabling flash write... OK.
This chipset supports the following protocols: LPC,FWH,SPI.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chip "SST SST25VF080B" (1024 KB, SPI) at physical address 0xfff00000.
Reading flash... done.

flashrom -w 965PDS4.F12
flashrom v0.9.1-r710
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "Intel ICH8/ICH8R", enabling flash write... OK.
This chipset supports the following protocols: LPC,FWH,SPI.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chip "SST SST25VF080B" (1024 KB, SPI) at physical address 0xfff00000.
Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
Writing flash chip... Erasing flash before programming...
spi_chip_erase_60 failed during command execution
done.
COMPLETE.
Verifying flash... VERIFIED.

 lshw | grep  Motherboard -A11
       product: 965P-DS4
       vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       physical id: 0
     *-firmware
          vendor: Award Software International, Inc.
          physical id: 0
          version: F12 (06/25/2009)
          size: 128KiB
          capacity: 960KiB