[flashrom] new bios to support

Joshua Roys roysjosh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 21:44:15 CEST 2010

On 07/28/2010 06:36 PM, Joe Tym wrote:
> hi,
>
> thanks for your help in the irc channel with my hosed bios,
>
> my motherboard is an aopen i975xa-ydg, drivers are here:
> http://download.aopen.com.tw/Defaultaspx
> <http://download.aopen.com.tw/Default.aspx> ( no direct link i'm afraid )
> i've attached the bin which i was trying to install + txt files
> containing the output you requested,
>
> if you could get it working that would be fantastic
>
> thanks,
>
> Joe Tym

Hello,

I have an experimental board enable here for you to try...  please get
the latest flashrom from SVN, apply the attached patch, compile and run:
./flashrom -p internal:boardenable=force -Vw bios.bin

Please let us know if that works or not and attach the output from the
above command in your reply.  *NOTE*:  There is a chance that the chip
will be only partially unlocked.  Make a backup first (./flashrom -r
backup.bin), and if the erase step fails you will be able to verify if
the BIOS is OK or not (via ./flashrom -v backup.bin).  If the chip ends
up in a bad state, join the IRC channel again :)

Some technical notes of why this may only partially unlock the
protection are in the patch, but I will duplicate them here in case some
archive strips attachments completely:

  vendor BIOS ends up in LDN6... maybe the board enable is wrong,
  or perhaps it's not needed at all?
  the regs it tries to touch are 0xF0, 0xF1, 0xF2 which means if it
  were in the right LDN, it would have to be GPIO1 or GPIO3

Good luck,

Josh