[flashrom] Asus P4P800SE success was: help it says my flash chip is in an unknown state

Maki Kato mk2s at digitalcommute.com
Wed Sep 22 19:57:03 CEST 2010

  Carl-Daniel and friends,

   Thank you for your help I'm back up and running with my asus
p4p800se.  This is what i needed to do:
   my initial attempt with ubuntu 10.4 packaged flashrom-0.9.1+r946-1ub
obviously didn't work.
   the flashrom-0.9.2 release didn't look too promising(I ran it but got
pretty much the same results) so I went for the SVN head checkout at r1180.

   I got the warning "WARNING: Your mainboard is ASUS P4P800, but the
mainboard-specific
code has not been tested, and thus will not not be executed by default.
Depending on your hardware environment, erasing, writing or even probing
can fail without running the board specific code."  So i went ahead with

flashrom -Vw P4P800SE-ASUS-1012.001 -p internal:boardenable=force>
flashrom_Vw092pcurrent.txt

   I'm attaching some files with output from that last command and lspci
and superiotool hoping it will be useful to you.

   Thanks again for your help, and for the working you're doing on this
project.