[flashrom] Update of Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2HP motherboard firmware switch

Donovan Lavinder drmario2007 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 02:57:26 CEST 2011

After a day of struggling with bricked firmwares.... I finally ditched
FreeDOS. I went with SystemRescueCd distro and burnt coreboot precompiled
firmware under the folder /gigabyte_ma78gm/ and the firmware WORKED! But now
I am stuck with funny firmware quirks (Windows XP crashing when booting
halfway, almost to the point the video card driver is loaded, right after
"GIVEIO.SYS" driver is being loaded), even though it loaded Linux CD fine. I
guess I should try and ditch PS/2 mouse as it may probably be the cause of
strange behavior - I will be using USB mouse / keyboard as well. I am happy
with this firmware otherwise. And, the backup BIOS didn't even try to
intercept the Linux kernel in the firmware from loading. Thankfully. I will
eventually decide to recompile or "submit" the additional payloads such as
EFI and memtest86+ as those software will be needed in the future, after I
learn more of its capabilities.

And, thanks for such a wonderful firmware! That thing's so fast!

--
"Mamma-mia, there's Koopa troopa in Mushroom Kingdom!"