[flashrom] Asus Crosshair II Formula

Leslie Rhorer lrhorer at satx.rr.com
Thu Sep 8 06:54:35 CEST 2011

	Well, yes, I would be interested in trying it, but only if I'm
pretty sure it won't bork a $300 motherboard.  How confidant can I be that a
failure will simply result in a BIOS that does not get written to the PROM,
vs. smoke and flames, as it were?

	I'm not sure I would know what a valid bios image should look like.
I presume most of it would be machine code.  Undoubtedly there will be some
text strings, but can I be assured if the code has any intelligible parts
that it is good?  Should I send you the file?

	Assuming we can work around the write protections, if any, how good
should I feel about a write to the board either working or failing
harmlessly?