[flashrom] My mainboard is not on the list, but I need to upgrade the Bios

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Dec 15 12:42:21 CET 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 21:08:41 -0500
"Gianfranco Liuzzi" <gielle at mail.com> wrote:

Hi, while there is no guarantee that it will work (and you have to
choose the right image of course), I do not see any potential problems
in the log.

>  Multiple flash chips were detected: "W39V040B", "W39V040FB"
>  Please specify which chip to use with the -c <chipname> option.

You just has to use the option to select one of the chips. If you want
to make sure then look at the chip on the board, but the two chips are
similar enough that both should work. Good luck!