[flashrom] Intel D425KT write not working

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 24 04:18:19 CET 2012

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 20:00:17 +0100
"Marek Zakrzewski" <zakrzewskim at wp.pl> wrote:

> Write is not working, module is 1024kB, ROM is 2048kB.
>
> […]
> Found chipset "Intel NM10". Enabling flash write... WARNING: Setting 0xdc
> from 0xa to 0xb on NM10 failed. New value is 0xa.
>
> WARNING: SPI Configuration Lockdown activated.
>
> PROBLEMS, continuing anyway
>
> Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q80" (1024 kB, SPI) at physical address
> 0xfff00000.
>
> Error: Image size doesn't match

Hello Marek,

thanks for your report!
Please do not send html(-only) message to mailing lists. The board was
locked down by intel so that only bios code can access the flash chip.
There may or may not be a way to enable access to the host software
(like flashrom), but this would need to be reverse engineered.
Regarding the image size: flashrom  just writes the file it gets as
input to the device. It must be prepared so that it fits, else it wont
continue as you have seen. Maybe your image contains actually 2
firmwares or is the wrong one...

I have added your board to our list of (un)supported board for now and
will commit that later.