[flashrom] Dell Poweredge 6220 Flashrom Error

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Sep 15 21:11:00 CEST 2012

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:30:33 -0500
William Sharp <wsharp at fugro.com> wrote:

> 0x54: 0x000f0000 FREG0: WARNING: Flash Descriptor region
> (0x00000000-0x0000ffff) is read-only.
> 0x58: 0x07ff0400 FREG1: BIOS region (0x00400000-0x007fffff) is
> read-write.
> 0x5C: 0x03ff0010 FREG2: WARNING: Management Engine region
> (0x00010000-0x003fffff) is locked.

Hello William,

thanks for your report!

The main problem is the locked ME region as quoted above. We are working
on unlocking it, but intel does not provide us any documentation so
please do not expect a solution soon.

I have added the board to our list of (un)supported boards (with an
appropriate note) and will commit that later together with other small
changes.