[flashrom] Multichip support for a dediprog SF100

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Apr 28 00:42:46 CEST 2013

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:16:27 -0600
Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Joshua Zarr <joshuazarr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am using a dediprog SF100 to program the two flash chips (AT25DF321) on an
> > intel Stargo CRB. Does flashrom support programming each chip individually?
>
> I ran into the same thing. I think that the flashrom dediprog support
> needs a flag to switch the chipselect.

If anybody could supply us with traces of the USB traffic generated
when another CS is used, we could probably add support for it. I dont
know anything about the protocol or the vendor application but I guess
it would be rather easy to find the interesting bits by creating and
comparing dumps of two executions (e.g. the probing for a chip if that's
supported) that differ only in the selected connection.