[flashrom] Rayer_SPI and xilinx buffered dlc5 cable

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Aug 28 17:10:23 CEST 2013

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:55:44 +1100
Andrew Tarabaras <andytara12 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a heads up that the rayer_spi module wont work with a buffered xilinx
> DLC cable. There is a pull down buffer in the MISO ( Data In ) line which
> is enabled when pin 6 of the parallel port is pulled low.
>
> I dont have time to be submitting patches, fix it or not I dont mind.
>
> These are the changes I made.
> […]
>
> Cheers, hope it will help stop someone else spending hours debugging
> something that doesn't work.

Hm, I wonder if it ever worked. The original patch was sent to us by
Jakab Peter in 2010. Jakab: do you remember flashrom? :) As far as I
can see the official documentation of the xilinx cable always mentions
the buffer. Do you have a cheap clone or a very old version of the
original cable? Eventually I would like to know if pin6 of the printer
port is connected to anything in your cable. If not (or if it is even
equal to the buffered version and you just forgot to mention that
change) we could just disable the pull down by default on the xilinx
type and remove the need for another type.