[flashrom] 2009 era -L output

Robert S. Done, Ph.D. rdone at cox.net
Tue Jan 15 23:00:29 CET 2013

Hi,

Short version: I am trying to reset/remove Computrace in a Lenovo T500
laptop. If you have a solution, please share.

Long version: I am trying to adapt the attached Python script but it relies
on an earlier version of Flashrom. So far, I find two issues: 1) The newer
version of Flashrom require the -p parameter, which is easy to fix in the
script. 2) The script also seems to rely on a specific format of the -L
output. See the line in def dumpTheHardWay(): if line.find("chipsets")>0:
The output file is created, but the subsequent loop to parse the chip list
does not find "chipsets".

I contacted Core Security but they have not provided an update to the Python
script, so I am trying to figure it out. The Python script is from 2009, so
can you provide a sample of the -L output from a 2009 version of Flashrom so
I can make the parsing loop work?

Yes, I have read the disclaimer about using Flashrom on laptops. I did not
receive any warnings when running the attached so hopefully it won't brick
the T500.

Thanks,

Robert