[flashrom] flashrom 0.9.7

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Jul 26 04:40:33 CEST 2013

First of all, a big thank you to Stefan Tauner for single-handedly
getting all required patches for 0.9.7 in.

While there was a discussion about serial port fixes over the last few
days (mostly on IRC), I believe the risk/benefit balance of any serial
port changes right now is definitely on the risk side and we should
postpone that.

The only critical thing that possibly remains would be the Kabini
fix/workaround proposed by Wei Hu. With its #ifdefs it's not mergeable
right now, but it should be possible to use if() instead if we're lucky
enough to make that decision dependent on detecting Kabini. I was unable
to find a relevant Register Reference Guide for the affected
southbridge. I sent a modified patch for Kabini a few seconds ago in the
hope it will help us fix/debug this issue further. Another option with
probably less impact would be to refuse flash access on the affected
chipset. I'm a bit torn here. Right now I hope my patch will either work
or at least give us more insight on what to expect.

Stefan, if you have any other patches you deem relevant for the release
(e.g. board enables currently waiting for a test), please commit them
once you think they are ready. I'd like to have some band-aid solution
for the Kabini problem before it causes corruption somewhere, but if you
want to release now (without any Kabini related patch), I agree.

Stefan, if you make a release now, I'll sign it. If you decide to wait,
OK. You are in charge of the release as agreed upon. If there are any
problems with svn or the release process, holler.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/