[flashrom] A quick hack to support AMD Family 16h SOC

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 26 19:41:34 CEST 2013

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:18:03 +0200
Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> I still have to search/replace Hudson with Yangtze, but this patch will
> help a lot finding out more about the various FIFO related registers.

A45/A50M/A55E (aka Hudson-1) has the same id as sb7xx-sb9xx: 0x439d
(doc id 47777, page 301).

SB6xx is using 0x438d, which Carl-Daniel uses in his patch to test for
hudson... how come? I guess because the block diagram in figure 2 in
47777 shows this, but IMHO that's wrong.

So what about Kabini aka Hudson-3? The BKDG (48751) lists 0x780e for
the LPC bridge, which is true on my ASRock A180-H too:
00:14.3 ISA bridge [0601]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] FCH LPC Bridge [1022:780e] (rev 11)
	Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device [1849:780e]

The problem is Hudson-2... no public data sheets. :/
Also interesting: http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1022/780e

I have not looked at the coreboot source yet... maybe there is stuff.

I assume that all Hudson-2 and newer are 0x780e and use the new
interface. I would therefore propose to use "FCH" as a name for
anything related to this class of spi controllers.