[flashrom] A quick hack to support AMD Family 16h SOC

Wei Hu wei at aristanetworks.com
Fri Jul 26 21:28:48 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>> I'll give you modified patch a test tomorrow.
>
> Please note that I expect problems with my patch. Not all of the FIFO
> management has been changed, and this might be the cause of error
> messages. Updated patch with more debugging at the end of this mail.

After changing the device ID to match 0x780e, your patch works for
both reading and writing. Writing is extremely slow though. I feel
like on this new FCH we should ditch the SB600 interface and
investigate the new programming interface. My current patch is more
like a band aid workaround.