[flashrom] Support for intel card eeproms

Ricardo Ribalda Delgado ricardo.ribalda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 18:47:19 CEST 2013

Hello

We are building a set of cameras with intel 82580 Gigabit chipset.

Instead of using the intel eeupdate tool to init the card and the mac I
plan to use flashrom.

The eeprom is accessed with something similar to spi, but AFAIK it does not
follow the jedec standard.

To probe it, there are some bits on the network card that I can use, that
will tell me if the chip is there and the size.

I havent digged too much into the code, but I believe that I have to make a
new chip and a new programmer.

Before starting the work I would like to know if there is something similar
on flashrom that I can use as a example, and if you are interested on such
a patch.

Thanks!

--
Ricardo Ribalda