[flashrom] New motherboard

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jul 14 01:06:18 CEST 2014

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 01:13:32 +0400
Dima Veselov <kab00m at lich.phys.spbu.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an Asus Barebone system, called Asus Vintage 2 PH1. SVN-trunk
> flashrom version won't flash it initially, but I found a way to do it.
>
> Few words about it:
> Barebone has its own story, own BIOSes to download, but it looks in
> strange way: some soft think its Asus P5KPML motherboard, BIOS
> says its P5LD2-VM, flashrom show P5LD2-MQ. Motherboard tag says
> "DP_MB/V2-PH1<GA>"
>
> Anyway, it has same problem as P5LD2, but a bit different hardware.
>
> So I added motherboard to a copy of trunk version and flashed it
> successfully.
>
> I attach diff file and put log files to download:
> http://kab00m.ru/temp/flashrom.txz
>
> Hope this will help.

Hello Dima,

thanks for your patch! You wrote that you have successfully flashed
your board after applying the changes in your patch, but there is no
log file showing that. Also, both entries (in print.c and
board_enable.c) mark the board with "NT" (i.e. not tested). I wonder
why you did not mark them with "OK"?

We would also like to acknowledge your authorship by adding your
signed-off-by line (and even require that for more complex patches).
See http://flashrom.org/Developer_Guidelines#Sign-off_Procedure for
details. In simple cases like this that do not reach the threshold of
originality I could commit it without it, but I'd appreciate it if you
would resend the patch possibly with the status fields changed and a
proper signed-off-by line if you wish.