[flashrom] W836xx: HP DL585 G7: flashrom -V

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Jun 11 01:43:33 CEST 2014

Dear Scott,

thanks for your report. Which flashrom version are you using? Could you
please retry with latest flashrom (see http://www.flashrom.org/Downloads
) com,piled from source and run
flashrom -p internal -o logfile.txt
and then send logfile.txt as response to this mail? That would help us
debug this further. Do you have any additional info about the machine
(i.e. laptop/desktop/...)?

Am 05.06.2014 01:00 schrieb Arnold, Scott C. (JSC-DD42)[LOCKHEED MARTIN
CORP]:
> Found chipset "AMD SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0" with PCI ID 1002:439d. Enabling flash write... SPI base address is at 0x0
> ROM strap override is not active
> OK.
> The following protocols are supported: LPC, FWH.
> Probing for AMIC A49LF040A, 512 kB: probe_jedec_common: id1 0x24, id2 0x41, id1 parity violation, id1 is normal flash content, id2 is normal flash content
> [...]
> Probing for Winbond W39V080FA (dual mode), 512 kB: probe_jedec_common: id1 0x24, id2 0x41, id1 parity violation, id1 is normal flash content, id2 is normal flash content
> No EEPROM/flash device found.

Looks like the flash chip is hiding behind some flash bus translator
which is not supported by your version of flashrom. We'd like to fix
that if it's not already fixed in latest flashrom.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/