[flashrom] Asus M2N-MX SE Plus: flashrom -VVV

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sun May 11 15:09:43 CEST 2014

On Sun, 11 May 2014 14:50:16 +0200
Antonio <aab at afoot.es> wrote:

> I can see the same behaviour (the "S" suffix), but maybe it is because I
> already had flashed bios before this tests.

Yes, exactly. Flashrom reads the existing data first and compares it
with the given file. Because the data is equal it skips writing to the
chip completely.

> If it is of any use, I can
> send logs of flashing with an older version of bios and then with the
> last version... Please let me know what you think.

I would not recommend that. Writing the firmware is always risky and it
is not worth to take that risk just to add a new line to our list of
supported mainboards. If, however, you want to take that risk, then
yes, downgrading and (optionally) upgrading again is the way to go.