[flashrom] Buspirate Erratic Results : WInbond W25Q128.V

Roberto Denis roberto at godenis.com
Tue May 13 01:23:52 CEST 2014

Yes it is an Intel based board (internal programmer is a no-go) and yes the
ME code is in the flash chip along with the BIOS code.  The ME code portion
is indeed signed and changing any part of it renders the ME/ATM feature
'disabled'.

I thought I explained that I am using the ISP approach and have successfully
flashed (using the layout file feature in flashrom) the BIOS portion two
other identical boards. I am using a Pomona 16-pin SOIC clip and a
buspirate. What is stumping me is the third board where the same ISP
procedure results in the flash not being found. I attached the logs in hope
someone could see something I am missing.

Thanks for the quick reply.