[flashrom] flashrom output on HP 425 Notebook

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Mon Oct 12 21:24:55 CEST 2015

Hi Bruno,

people were quite busy with the coreboot conference last week. In case
you didn't find answers on your own yet:

> My question is: Why flashrom says it doesn't support my motherboard if
> my chipset is supported on the coreboot project wiki.
Your question somehow answers itself: For coreboot, every motherboard
has to be supported individually. And that's sometimes also true for
flashrom. So in your case, flashrom may know how to access the flash
chip but doesn't know if there are other programs / chips like the EC
that may intervene. Maybe try a newer version of flashrom, yours seems
outdated. In the end, you can try to force flashrom, but this could
brick your machine.

Also, if you target at running coreboot on your machine, I don't think
it's supported. But that's a question for the coreboot mailing list.

Nico