[flashrom] Memory in Deep Power Down

Salvador Eduardo Tropea salvador at inti.gob.ar
Fri Apr 8 16:08:53 CEST 2016

Hi!

I have the following problem: the flash memory I need to program is
usually at sleep. So I must wake-up it, sending a "Release from
Power-down" (0xAB) command.
This command (and the one to make it sleep again: Deep Power Down
(0xB9)), seems to be widely supported by SPI flash chips.
The most annoying detail is that you must try to wake-up the memory,
even before you really know the memory is there. The memory won't reply
an ID when sleeping.

Right now I have a patched flashrom with support for a new SPI cable. I
added the wake-up/sleep commands to the cable, but it looks confusing,
because this is something that belongs to the memory.

Any advice?

Regards, SET

--
Ing. Salvador Eduardo Tropea          http://utic.inti.gob.ar/