[flashrom] Fwd: unlocked optiplex 3010 flash with me_clr jumper

Jason Salopek jason.salopek at hushmail.com
Sun Feb 21 01:16:34 CET 2016

Hi, I am trying to unbrick a optiplex 3010 for a customer and I made a
interesting discovery while trying to dump the bios from a working unit.
If you change the me_clr jumper from the normal 2_3 position, to 1_2 and
boot the system up, you get a "warning service mode enabled press f1"
and then you can continue to bootup. With this set, I was able to use
flashrom to read out the entire flash chip (this may or may not be 100%
true but will still help me) I am attaching 2 files that show the
difference between the 2 jumper settings. After this weekend crisis with
this customer pc, I am willing to try this jumper trick on other
optiplexes I have if you wish, 360, 755? I think You guys helped me get
a little further on this rescue and I appreciate the help and info over
the yrs Sincerely Jason J Salopek aka "flyback"

---