[flashrom] I can't program PLCC32 using an DIP32 adapter on Abit BF6

Gelip mrgelip at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:41:13 CET 2016

The standard motherboard has a chip WINBOND 2Mbit (256kB). For the purposes of coreboot replaced it to EON 256kB. Now I want to use a larger chip 4Mbit (512kB) PLCC32 but using adapter PLCC32-DIP32.

I want to do it using the method of hot swap replacing chip 256kB to 512kB while running Debian with flashrom.

I built Coreboot size 512kB but I have a problem with programming using flashrom. I tried version 0.9.7 and the latest 0.9.9. The same problem is when I boot the computer from bios AWARD 256kB and from Coreboot 256kB. I use Debian Live 6.0.5 Standard from PXE server.

Boot from AWARD bios 256kB chip WINBOND, flashrom 0.9.7 - http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=2903
Boot from Coreboot bios 256kB chip EON, flashrom 0.9.9 - http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=2904