[flashrom] SPI support for intel i82580

Michael Stickel ms at mycable.de
Wed Mar 23 09:01:48 CET 2016

Hi,

we have a added and tested support for the intel i82580 to the nicintel_spi driver.
Is anyone else working on that topic or should I post the patch. This could conflict with the i350 patch http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/4394/.
Should our patch be based on a clear 0.9.9 release or on a 0.9.9 + i350 patch.

Background: the intel i82580 quad ethernet controller has two memories. One 16KB or 32KB spi-eeprom for MAC address and other configurations and one 512KB spi-flash for the firmware.
the spi-eeprom can be written with the driver nicintel_eeprom. We made the nessesary modifications in the nicintel_spi driver based on the 0.9.9 release.

best regards
Michael