[flashrom] ENE KB9012 patches: new test results

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Sun Oct 9 21:19:55 CEST 2016

Hi,

I think I may have an explanation for this behavior. Since EDI is enabled via
clock detection, it is possible that the first request cannot be served (as it
is received concurrently with clock detection) and so gets lost.

I have added a dummy read before any required transaction, so that the chip can
detect EDI and enable it priori to serving any useful request. This change is
available on my git repository[0]. Feel free to try and it and report back, so
that I can decide whether to send it to upstream flashrom.

[0]: http://git.code.paulk.fr/gitweb/?p=flashrom.git branch next

Cheers!

--
Paul Kocialkowski, developer of free digital technology at the lower levels

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/