[flashrom] Fwd: Re: Problem with flashrom and FT2232 Port B

Zak zackwarrior at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 04:10:56 CEST 2017

I got it to work

it was the dll, the problem happens when you use libftdi 0.18 or 0.20,
other channels don't work. i used the latest libftdi1 1.3 & libusb
1.0.20 (libftdi1-1.3git_devkit_mingw32_13Dec2015) from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/picusb/files/, using the link provided
on flashrom windows compile page
(https://code.google.com/archive/p/picusb/downloads), if i take libftdi1
1.0 i get an error with the file ftdi.h when i compile flashrom but
libftdi1-1.3 works perfectly
Simply extract the folders bin, include & lib into you mingw and msys
and compile should work fine

As for the drivers, you don't need anymore libusb-win32 wizard and also
you don't need unsigned driver installation option enabled on your windows,
Just download zadig from the libusb driver installation part on:
https://github.com/libusb/libusb/wiki/Windows, plug you ftdi board to
the computer, run zadig, go to options "show all devices", then select
your ftdi rs232 interface and chose WinUSB (not libusb!) as target
driver and repeate for all of the interface you have depending how to
amout of channels the ftdi has.

Voila everything should work fine

Maybe you want to update that in the instructions for to compile
flashrom for windows,

Thanks for pointing the right direction nico

Regards