[flashrom] DMI matching patch

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Thu Jan 7 15:43:40 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 03:29:27PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> >> You got a point there.
> >>

> > I wouldn't use any word related to optimal in relationship to the board
> > enable table.
> >

> Heh. I tried to be polite.

I was trying to be slightly amusing. The board enable table is big, both
in width and length :) Suboptimal infers that there is a possibility to
make this optimal, which is hard to imagine with the board enable table.

> The enum will clutter up the table a lot more than 3 chars at the
> beginning of the DMI string, so I'd rather avoid it.

The prefix is A Bad Thing. As shown before, a typo is easily made, and
we cannot check for it. If you require this sort of thing, an enum is
the only option. The clutter we will then have to take with it.

That being said, i am still far from convinced that this is necessary.

> > The matching functions is also still on my todo list. Splitting the
> > matching functions from two (named/coreboot, pciid) into three
> > (coreboot, named, pciid), to tighten up the board enable table.
>
> Sorry, -ENOPARSE.

This is the board enable matching tightening up i have been talking
about for half a year or so now.

Luc Verhaegen.