[flashrom] DMI matching patch

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 7 15:50:19 CET 2010

On 07.01.2010 15:43, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 03:29:27PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> On 07.01.2010 11:13, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
>>
>>> I wouldn't use any word related to optimal in relationship to the board
>>> enable table.
>>>

>> Heh. I tried to be polite.
>>

> I was trying to be slightly amusing.

:-)

>> The enum will clutter up the table a lot more than 3 chars at the
>> beginning of the DMI string, so I'd rather avoid it.
>>

> The prefix is A Bad Thing. As shown before, a typo is easily made, and
> we cannot check for it.

Have you seen the selfcheck() function which is called on startup? I
have patches which extend it a bit to check for eraseblock definition
correctness, and it could easily check for string correctness on startup
as well.

>>> The matching functions is also still on my todo list. Splitting the
>>> matching functions from two (named/coreboot, pciid) into three
>>> (coreboot, named, pciid), to tighten up the board enable table.
>>>
>> Sorry, -ENOPARSE.
>>

> This is the board enable matching tightening up i have been talking
> about for half a year or so now.

Ah OK.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
Developer quote of the year:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."