[flashrom] testing DELL Dimension 4100

Andrew Goodbody ajg4tadpole at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 19:34:15 CET 2012

On 31/12/12 18:21, Stefan Tauner wrote:
> Someone with more knowledge about FWH than me has to look at it. It
> would certainly help if we would know which flash chip is really inside
> it...

I'm pretty sure that the detection of FWH devices requires writing to
the address space used and you cannot do that as you cannot set the BIOS
WE bit in the chipset. So unless you can get around the SMI protection
of that bit then there is no way to detect the chip in use. Even if you
did detect it, you still could not program it.

Andrew