[flashrom] New programmer board "SPI_TT LPT" support - patch submission

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Feb 28 11:16:10 CET 2016

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 11:03:19 +0300
Max <flammaden at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, Stefan!
>
> Actually, I doesn't real Linux C programmer - I just passed by. :)
> So, I just tried to get into this area, but get very distracted by
> wretchedness and inconvenience of Linux development tools. I don't think
> there's will be next time. :) I just "threw patch away", hoping that this
> programmer widely enough available and somebody, having proper skills,
> finishes it. Seems to be, my thoughts was wrong, but till now I don't be
> sad.
> Now I surprised! Thank you for your precious time to finish this patch,
> Stefan!
>
> I marked them as untested because I think that my one working quick dirty
> patch is not an reliable proof of testing.

The patch alone is no proof but if you have tested it with real
hardware and it worked then there is no reason to not believe you and
mark it as tested. Have you run flashrom with your patch on that
hardware and did writing work?

> It doesn't need any enable routine - it has no logic, no triggers/relay -
> just resistors and buffer.

Buffers most often have disable (or enable) pins and if they are not
pulled down (or up) statically by resistors we need to do that
dynamically when starting to access the programmer. This would not be
unusual at all for this class of programmers... hence my question.